Monday, March 17, 2014

Illustration for Open Ways

Open ways is now an online publication. It was a pagan resource quarterly magazine that I felt compelled to contribute to. Mainly because the art in the issues smacked me as uninspiring and lacking any gravity. I freely contributed but in the end they made the choice to feature full page stereotypical "witch" pin-ups over my black and white images. Maybe my images were not "pagan" enough. Lol. I identify with paganism only as an interesting inclusive nonchristian tradition of imagination, potential and ideaspace and I take that seriously enough. A Christian newsletter would probably push my illustrations of their ideaspace to the back page too. There is more to be said here, I will save that for another time.
This image was for the 2010 Samhain edition and is called "the reaper."